2011年8月30日星期二

First Assignment

I choose these two topics: Upper Middle Rhine Valley; Cologne Cathedral.

1.Upper Middle Rhine Valley
Why I choose this? Because Rhine is the famous and important river in Europe. When I studied in high school, in geography class I learned some information about this river. Now, in these topics I saw  Upper Middle Rhine Valley and I chose this topic.

The strategic location of the dramatic 65km stretch of the Middle Rhine Valley between Bingen, Rüdesheim und Koblenz as a transport artery and the prosperity that this engendered is reflected in its sixty small towns, the extensive terraced vineyards and the ruins of castles that once defended its trade.
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1066

2. Cologne Cathedral
Why I choose Cologne Cathedral ? Because there are many famous churches in Europe, in German Cologne Cathedral is very famous, that I want to know it.

Begun in 1248, the construction of this Gothic masterpiece took place in several stages and was not completed until 1880. Over seven centuries, successive builders were inspired by the same faith and a spirit of absolute fidelity to the original plans. Apart from its exceptional intrinsic value and the artistic masterpieces it contains, Cologne Cathedral testifies to the enduring strength of European Christianity.
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/292

3 条评论:

  1. I'm commenting because I don't see your e-mail and we're in the same group for the hw due on wednesday. If you could e-mail me at avroman08@yahoo.com that'd be great! Thanks!

    回复删除
  2. I wrote to our other group member that I hope it's okay if I do Thüringen. If it's not just let me know! Thanks!

    回复删除
  3. alright I can't find your email either! so email me at vast0901@stcloudstate.edu and we can talk about what we wanna do!

    回复删除